Tuesday, July 05, 2005

SE Chronicles - Tuesday Night

I am beat tonight but at the same time have an amazing amount of energy. It's wiered...there was one point today where I felt so energized that I felt self-conscious about it. I felt like if I showed that much energy, somebody might think I was taking drugs. It was real wiered...yeah real wiered. But I think I can explain this paradox of being beat and still having an amazing amount of energy. I prayed for that last night. I prayed that God give me more energy than I can imagine...and I think he did. I mean, today, I drove to Amarillo and back, made it back for WNCG, had a long night, it's about 1:15 right now, and although I know that I need to sleep, I know God has provided for me all day. OK, I did have a couple of Mountain Dew's on the trip home but it's not like I shot up heroine or anything!

So, the funeral this morning was awesome. I couldn't lead worship because I have no voice (should've prayed for it!) but it was still awesome to be there. Charlene Sweeney was such a sweet woman. My last memory of her was in Oasis not even a week ago singing with all of her heart with a smile on her face. Tonight, I praise God for making Charlene. She is just so awesome...her memory lives on because she was a follower of the Son of the living God!!! God, thank you for Charlene...she rocks cause she follows you. God, comfort Phil and her family. I know they are sad because she isn't here. Give them the peace that passes understanding that is only of you.

Tonight's Rainbow Celebration was awesome too. Devree played the cello. Oh man! I just cried. First, she is so talented. But, more important than that, she worshiped through that cello tonight. Father, thank you for Devree. Thank you for showing us your glory through her tonight. Thank you for showing her how much you love her tonight. Thank you for the gift of music that transcends all language. Thank you for your presence tonight. Thank you for bringing us back to you over and over again.

Last for tonight...I love my wife so much. She is too good for me. Much more than I deserve. Much more than I deserve. That's it about that...she's just too good.

God,

Thank you for Christy. Thank you that we can share in this ministry and that she supports what I do in you so much. God, make me a better husband for her and a better dad to our kids. I want to be a Christlike father and husband. That means I have to think less of me and more of them. Help me kill the selfish part of my flesh.

God thank you for a great day and for sustaining me through this day. Give us a better one tomorrow. Give me your Word tonight. Fan the flame of your Spirit in me as I prepare to speak tomorrow night. God, you are so good to me. Thank you for loving and setting me FREE.

Your son,
Doyle



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home