Friday, June 03, 2005

What a week this has been. I absolutely hate it. I hate the wierd looks I get when people see me in my glasses. I don't particular enjoy having the same conversation over and over again about why I'm wearing my glases. But most of all, I'm sick of the headaches and not being able to see and not being able to drive.

Tuesday is the first surgery. Father, please see fit to let me see perfectly from this surgery...please. And Father, let me keep my sanity until then!

Last time I blogged, I had quit...not really quit...but yes gotten very frustrated with people's perceptions. I think God is teaching me something about myself...saying, it could be worse...so much worse...and it can be so much better. I am praying for the better to come soon.

It seems to me that in churches, we latch on to some very basic truths that make us blind to the other very basic truthes. For example, we got the "obey God" thing going. When he tells you to do something...do it. Then we took it so far as to say, "if you think he might have said something maybe or implied it or infered it...you better do it (or not do it..you know?) While we do all of this, we overlook His direct commands. "Love your neighbor" "When someone wrongs you, go to them" "Forgive your enemies" etc. God, forgive us and empower us to take those commands to the EXTREME!!

---------------

My kids have been so awesome lately. Yeah, they have there little problems, but they are awesome. They have been running around all of creation, defeating the world with their light sabers in the name of the Jedi. They are so funny! Thank you God again for them!

-----------

2 weeks to SE. Nearly done with the book but not nearly done with the rest!!! OH..got to get to work!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home