Monday, June 27, 2005

SE 05 Chronicles - Friday Night

Tonight it happened. It happened like it has happened for the passed how many ever years...I got to SE and realized that all the work I have done...all the hours I have put into thinking and praying about this year, all the thought we have put into the theme...all the conversations that the TLC's had with the TL's and the TL's with their students...no matter how good or bad we trained tonight and will train tomorrow...no matter how much Laci did...no matter how many volunteers we have that will help...no matter how much the deans have worked and studied...no matter what (get the picture!) it all doesn't matter if God doesn't show up. It doesn't matter if God doesn't do His thing...it doesn't matter if God doesn't soften hearts. It doesn't matter if God doesn't intervene and take over. It doesn't matter if God doesn't send His warriors to battle for us against the evil one as we seek our Father's face this week. Nothing matters without YHWH. That's right...nothing at all will be good or bad or whatever without YHWH being here.

That's so true for everything we do in life. None of it matters unless God shows up. None of what we do is worth anything without God getting glory and fame for it. It's been true throughout all of time. Adam wouldn't have...well...been, without God. Abraham, just another drifter. Moses, just another wanderer. Israel, just a good nation of slaves. And the stories of God go on and on.

The great thing about tonight though is that I have no doubt. I have no doubt that all we have done to prepare for this week is not just good, it is God's. I have no doubt in my heart, mind, or soul that God will show up and that he will take our efforts and multiply them exponentially for His glory. He always has...and he always will.

At SE it is easy for me to remember that....for some reason, other times in my life...it's not so easy. I want to depend on god for every breath that I take. I want to give Him glory with every breath I take. I want to be fully alive in HIM.

Right now, with all the doubts I have... all the fears I have about "will this work this week"...It doesn't matter...because I know God's will will be done this week. PRAISE YHWH.

-------------

Tonight we met the TL's, got to know them for a little, went through our first family time and training, and had our reconnect time. Reconnect was great for me because I got to have a great conversation/prayer time with three of our TL's.

The first one was awesome with Danna. God is working on her in such incredible ways. Thank you Father for working on her in such a cool and awesome way. Thank you for tearing down walls and drawing her closer to you. Use her this week for your glory.

Next was with Randy Wesson. What a cool guy!! I didn't really know him until tonight. He and Roger are dealing with the sickness of their Mom and Dad. Wow, this must be hard. But,they are so strong...so in love with their Savior. Yeah, they have their struggles but they are pretty stinking awesome. Father, thank you for sending Randy to me. Thank you for his love for you and his desire to do what is right. Father, hold him this week. Let him know who he is in You. Let him know that it's not his fault. Heal his mom and dad. Yeah, just heal them!

And then Greg. Pretty cool. Greg was in my youth group in Pville. He has grown into a man seeking God. Greg just wanted to pray. Father, thank you for Greg. Thank you for guiding him through his life. Thank you for putting in his heart his desire to pray and seek you. Use him and his story for your glory this week.


So...it's gonna be a great week. I'm tired....gonna try to sleep now.

Father,

Bless us this week. Thank you for always being here...in my life. Thank you for always loving me...even when I don't deserve it. Accept everything we do this week as a sacrifice to you. I love you Father.

Your son,

Doyle


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little yeast work through the whole batch, huh? It was amazing how God made last week work. It is amazing how he makes everything work. God rocks!

PS--Went to the Ranger game tonight. We lost 13-3. Sad times, but can't beat spending the evening at the ballpark!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Doyle said...

Good to know that someone is actually reading my blog. Hope I don't bore you!!

Rangers...ah man...at least you were at the park!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home