Thursday, June 30, 2005

SE 05 Chronicles - Monday

Boy do I feel beat!!! I am amazed at how tired I can get at SE. As I write, I fall asleep between letters! This will probably be a short entry.

Today went great...of course...God was here. John taught on commandment 1, "You shall have no other God's in my presence" or in the DLC translations. Just me guys don't worship anything else! Sometimes when I think of this commandment I think....DUH!!! Why in the world would we want to worship anything but God. Why would we want to be in the presence of anything but God.

In His presence, there is comfort.
In His presence, there is peace.
When we seek the Father's heart,
We will find such blessed assurance.
In the presence of YHWH.

Why do we seek the presence of other things with the presence of the Lord is so sufficient for us. He provides light when we need it (not just talking about the sun). He provides direction, he provides protection, he provides the energy, he provides...EVERYTHING. Why do we then seek other things? I don't know the answer to that. Or maybe I do but my brain is dying as I speak because I am so tired!! Father, give me the energy I need tonight and tomorrow. I want to be a light for you. You are all I need. Cover me YHWH with your presence. Hide me in your presence so that I will be safe and that I wil be strong and that I will know I'm yours. Thank you for continueing to remind me that I'm chosen by you. Thank you.

I guess the question is still there...why do we seek other things when God is clearly enough? I'd like somebody to answer that when my brain can get around it!

Entertainment tonight, tonight, was great. Josh was his usuall funny self. He is such a great man of God. Father protect him this week. Take away his headaches. Take away the stress and let him totally depend on you and your strength.

Josh was great and Mirrored Souls was great. I was a little worried at the beginning because the kids weren't really getting into it and they were good. Finally they started getting into it. The highlight for me was when we started worshiping together with them. There's a Stirring is such a powerful song to me. I WILL RISE UP!!! Yes YHWH, I will RISE UP!!! The picture of me laying at the wounded feet of Jesus, my Savior, brings tears to my eyes everytime I think about it and especially when I sing about it. I can't wait for that day. Lord, come quickley. Anyway, the band was great and I think Ross had a great time playing for his friends. I know how special it is to perform in front of SE. What a rush. Everybody there wants you to succeed. Everybody there is engaged in what you are doing. It's like the best congregation ever. I wish all of our churches were that engaged in worship all of the time!!

Oh, I almost forgot, Wild n Crazy Games (WnCG) today was crazy (and wild I guess!). We made Ice Cream. I have to admit, I never thought this would work. I thought the students would think it was stupid and not participate. Well, they might have thought it was stupid but they did participate and seemed to have a lot of fun. I heard that 1 family actually made real ice cream. I wouldn't be suprised if someone was sick tonight from eating rock salt laced ice cream...man that was nasty!!! Worked great though and we had a lot of fun!

Tomorrow, I get to go home to a funeral for a great lady, Charlene Sweeney. I'll write more about her tomorrow.

Father,
Keep me safe on my trip tomorrow...keep me awake. Please continue to change lives in the students here as you already are. God you are the director of Summer Excitement. Thank you for letting me serve you. Give me rest now. Let me wake up in the morning with more energy than I can imagine. I love you God. I WILL RISE UP!! WOO HOO!! Can't wait to be TOTALLY in your presence. Forgive me when I look to other "gods". I love you God.

Your son,
Doyle


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home