Saturday, June 25, 2005



Over the next couple of days I am going to post from my journaling over the past week at Summer Excitement. But first I want to just write about SE in General...be sure and make comments if you are an SE student or alumni.


Over the last 21 years Summer Excitement has meant so much to me as I have formed spiritually and as I have...well...just grown up. There are so many memories that are permanently etched in my brain and that have meant so much to me or made me laugh over the years. There's the very first year...the painting, wow that was awesome...the girls!!!...the pizza man...the shaving cream baseball...the football/cokecan...the worship that formed me (Thank you Stephen Polk)...the broken toe...Josh...Kirk...well, so many names of people that have influenced me...Watermelons...the car race...the best news west of the pecos..."Say So"... Bart Rocket...so many Rainbow Celebrations...the worship time with Between Thieves...The burping contest, I think my girlfriend at the time nearly won!...Karioke...Green Thumb...Arrrrgh you hooked....the Hotel.....that nasty dorm. KRED...Blues Brothers... Siyahamba... Wrestling!... worshiping at the branch...worshiping at Quaker... conversations with the nurses.... my first baptism... Richard Seymour.... Boy Do I Feel Great! ...I've Got Joy... Swell ... Kid Prov ...the guy that said that Richard Flipped him off... Laci and Tina... Wolfman ... AND SO MUCH MORE

God has worked so many ways and for so many years through Summer Excitement.

Father, thank you for using SE to mold me and shape me. Thank you for continueing to bless us...year after year. You are so awesome. Just thinking about what you have done drives me to my face in humility before you. You are my Rock! Thank you for using me in this way. Continue to raise up leaders in your bride, the church. Continue to reveal yourself to us in new and exciting ways. Continue to show us how much you love us. Father, bless what has happened at SE 2005 that the fruit will multiply beyond our wildest imaginations. Remind us with your spirit of the things You have taught us and of the conversations that you were a part of. Thank you for John, Dave, Brook, Kenneth, Josh, Laci, and so many more. Bless them with energy from you to invest in and love their families as they return home. Thank you for the TL's and TLC's. Thank you for speaking through their strengths and weaknesses this week. Give them energy to replace what they lost this week. Show them fruit from the time and energy they put in this week. Thank you for the lives changed this week. Protect them for the evil one. Protect all of us. Stand by us like the mighty warrior you are. Thank you Father, you are my Rock and my Salvation. You cannoned to restore the joy in my salvation. Thank you for reminding me of the joy this week. Thank you for reminding me not to limit you this week. You alone are worthy of the energy expended this week. Please accept this as my worship to you. I love you God. I love you. Thank you for loving me.

Your son,
Doyle

So, if anybody reads this...What is your favorite memory of Summer Excitement. What was your favorite theme, favorite entertainment, favorite TL, favorite Dean and teaching, or just other favorite memory?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOOGER!!!!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home