Wednesday, June 29, 2005

SE 05 Chronicles - Sunday Evening

Wow, what a day!!! Over the last 3 years, SE Sunday has become one of my favorites. There is something about being home No, Lubbock is not home anymore to me but deep in my heart, it is still home somehow. It is such a blessing for me to look out over the crowd at worship on Sunday morning and see the faces of my history joining together in worship.

I lead worship well over 100 times each year but for some reason when it comes to leading on Sunday morning at Quaker...I get anxious. I'm sure it's just some stupid fear of not being good enough. Why should I fear that? I know that I’m not good enough and at the same time know that where I’m not good enough God is GREAT enough.

Anyway…this morning was awesome. The presence of the Lord was thick at 17th and Quaker this morning. Thank you Father for using me for your glory this morning. I am honored that you would choose me and use me to bring some closer to you. Thank you for the present you gave me in seeing you on the face of the worshipers this morning. There is no better gift you can give me. Thank you.

It is so cool to see SE rookies come into our first session. When we are being stupid and yelling for colors and everything. I loved seeing look on their faces when Cole and Devon rode in on their “horses”. The best line of the night was during the fight scene with Devon and Roger. “Side parry, side parry, stop….thrust” or something like that in a very bad British (French) accent! All of the TLC’s did an incredible job of presenting their themes. They are going to do a great job this week…every one of them.

So…tonight was awesome. Kent was so good. The painting was so cool. The power of art rocks! I can’t believe how cool that looks with the black light on it. While we were worshiping in the dark, I kept hearing Him say to me “peace, be still”. I found out that a close friend at church died today. Charlene was worshipping with us last Wednesday night, had a stroke late Wednesday night, and died yesterday. She has been such an encouragement to me over the last 5 years. So tonight…thinking about all the things that need to happen, trying to make sure I don’t forget to do anything…worrying about Phil and the rest of Charlene’s family…thinking about going back to the funeral on Tuesday…worry…worry…worry…He said to me “peace, be still”

Thank you Father for speaking peace to me.

You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking you as a precious jewel. LORD TO GIVE UP I’D BE A FOOL!!!!

You are my all in all.

Thank you for being everything I need. I offer this next week to you as a sacrifice of praise. Give me peace tonight as I sleep. Thank you Father for taking the small amount of faith that I can muster up and moving mountains. You are my Rock!

Your Son,
Doyle

Must sleep…..!

2 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

great again, doyle

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doyle this is Natalie Williams from SE!! That was the best week of my life! I had a really awesome time! talk to ya later

Natalie

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home