Friday, July 08, 2005

Oh man tonight was fun!! Where should I start??

I don't think I have ever been more nervous than I was tonight. I lead worship and speak in front of 850-900 people every week. I have sung in front of thousands of people. Played drums in front of thousands of people...but tonight, I had this nervous energy going on in me like I have never remembered. I wanted so badly to communicate what was in my heart in a way that gave glory to me. I wanted so badly not to "perform" but just to share my heart. I wanted so badly to not be prideful but to be humble before my God as he guided me through the evening. I was dancing. Yeah, I had notes and ideas of what I was going to do but God kept leading me through different things. Things I hadn't prepared to say but that I think God was speaking through me. I LOVE IT WHEN HE CHANGES MY PLANS SO HIS WORD CAN BE HEARD.

The response time was amazing. I don't for a minute think it was because of me. I think it is because God has been working on hearts. I think I could have gotten up and said banana fruit salad over and over again and still gotten the same response because God has been doing some major work....MAJOR WORK. If God did use something I said to encourage kids to make decisions...glory to Him. Father, thank you for letting me be useful for your glory tonight. Thank you for giving me words and stories to connect. I am humbled to be your servant. You alone are worthy of all of what we did tonight. YOU ALONE!

Then there was the party. Oh man!!! I have to admit...I was terrified by those clowns. They are just down right creepy!!! Especially Mel Carter. I don't know why him but whew he was creepy. We had a blast though. The kids seemed to love it (except the one girl who was so terrified of clowns that she couldn't go in...I feel her pain!). They danced and ate and danced. John and his ping pong balls. Thomas dancing....things that make you go hmmmmmmm. Macarena. The kazoos? Who'da thunk that a bag full of kazoos would be so much stinking fun!! Joy was thick in the room. And it's weird...it's not just a fun party...it is true joy happening in the room. It's like for that certain time we have incredible freedom to just have a blast because we know we are ok with our Maker. Father, teach us to live every day with the freedom that we had tonight. The freedom to be full of joy, the freedom to repent, the freedom to dance, the freedom to act stupid, the freedom to just make noises to you, the freedom to know that we are yours and we are loved no matter what. Help me to live every day like that. You are the GREAT joygiver...no doubt in my mind about that. Thank you Father for tonight. You have again taught me so much about who you are. Tonight, you were the I am when I needed you so much. Thank you Father.

Your Son,

Doyle

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

1.the way you described jailbreak..("not just a party..) is perfect
2.i'm not going to pretend like i'm okay with the way you totally dissed my dad. i happened to think he was the best looking clown in town. -mel carter's daughter

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home