Thursday, July 28, 2005

It has taken me so long to get all of these posted but I’m finally through these! It’s taken a while because I’ve been gone so much…more on that later. Here’s the closer.

SE Chronicles 05 – Friday…last post!

I am once again amazed by what God has done this year through the ministry we call Summer Excitement. It is so amazing how God uses our crazy ideas, our stupid skits theme days (oh, some of those were soooo scary this year!!), he uses the sports times, meal times, well he uses everything for His glory. I am so blown away with this. You would think, after 21 years of SE…forget that, you would think after seeing the way God has worked his miracles in and on my life, that he would stop surprising me. Father, thank you for continuing to amaze me. I want to be like the disciples who were continually amazed at your wonders as you walked on earth. Thank you for using me for Your glory. I am honored to be your servant. I am honored to be your son! Thank you God.

Here is what truly amazes me every year but it seems especially this year. Our TL’s and TLC’s. They were absolutely amazing. Who would think that a group of young, some immature, not necessarily bible scholars, just normal kids could make such a difference for the kingdom. Come to think of it, isn’t that what Jesus did. He took a group of young, sometimes immature, not necessarily scholars (fishermen!), just normal guys who were willing to give their lives to him…who were willing to make mistakes…and he turned the world upside down with them. Do we have the power to do the same thing? YES!!! Imagine if just this group that is here at Summer Excitement this year…imagine if just half of those, just a quarter of those who were here this year, imagine if they would sell themselves out to be fully devoted followers of Christ…imagine what God could do with that. The faith of a mustard seed can do so much…how much more could we do with a group of fully surrendered disciples only concerned with following the greatest commands…Loving God and loving each other…what could God do? Father, thank you for our TL’s and TLC’s this year. Thank you for their honesty, there humility…thank you for the mistakes…thank you for the way you used them. Continue to bless them as they continue to walk with you. Help them…no, help all of us be more this year than we were last. Help all of us look back this time next year and give you praise for how much closer we are to walking as Your Son does as we did last year. We want to be yours Father. We want to be all Yours.

Well…memories of SE 05. Things that will stick with me for a while….I loved Bob Smiley…I loved Devry…Danna on Friday night and Wednesday night…My times with Josh…time with my brother Dean…serving God with my wife and kids by my side…”Heart of Worship”…”Lord, I Give You My Heart”…Wednesday night Celebration…Wednesday night party…the baptisms…God speaking to Thomas…God speaking to so many more that I don’t know about…”It’s Not About Me”….Sabbath… the altar…grilled cheese (WITH JALAPENO)…Sunday morning worship at home…SO MUCH MORE… Father, thank you for all that you’ve done this year…all that blessed me…and all that I don’t know about. Thank you for all of the great things that I’ve already forgotten!! Thank you for what you’ve done this year…and thank you for -already planning SE 06…may it surpass all we can ask or imagine, according to Your power that is at work within us. To You be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout ALL generations, forever and ever!! You are the GREAT I AM!! It’s all for You Father.

Your servant, your son, one that you have chosen,

Doyle


NOW, for those of you that are reading this blog…WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SE MOMENTS. Post your favorite moments or testimonies about God has done through SE here on the comments. Give glory to God for what He has done.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sword Fighting! And the close friendship that are built in only 5 days.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dj,

i just saw a picture of your kids a few postings down...they are huge...i feel so old!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home