Friday, May 06, 2005

Am I arrogant? This is a question I have been asking myself for the last couple of days. I remember back in the day (ha!) when it totally ticked me off to be around spiritually arrogant people. People who thought they had it all figured out, therefore I was an idiot. I don't want to be that person. I want to be true to myself and to God but not to the extent of the sin of pride. I think arrogance is just another form of pride. Father, if I am arrogant please expose that in me. Help me only be an humble servant of yours. When I speak to people I disagree with, let me speak to them out of love for them and you, not as a knowitall. Father help me not be deceived by the evil one in this.

Last night was the Junior/senior banquet. What a blast!!! Although their were some weired times...some kids and parents who just didn't want to be there I guess...Tim Hawkins was awesome. There were a few people there that gave off the air that they were too cool to have fun and just laugh. THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY. Christy told me today that 6 kids in her class got sent to the office by the substitute because they told the sub they "were too cool to do the hokey pokey". These are the kids that become too cool for fun, too cool for anyone or anything that is not their idea and I believe too cool for God. Too cool for the hokey pokey is definitely too cool for God!!! Good grief...lighten up and have fun...Tim was much funnier than the Hokey Pokey!! I think that is the way some get in church...just lighten up and ENJOY your salvation. "Restore unto me the JOY of my salvation." Yeah, that's what we need!

Last night while we were gone...the kids were with a baby sitter. When it was bath time, they all wanted to take a bath in our bathtub..not sure why. When Avery got out of the tub, her leg was bleeding...she had shaved her legs!!!! Oh man, you don't know how much my stomach hurts when I think of her even being old enough to shave!! Nevertheless, Ave took a razor to her legs. She still hasn't told us about it. I can't wait to love her and laugh with her tonight.

Father,
You are so good to me. Thank you for the encouragement I got from Terry last night. I hope that was from you. Thank you for the time with Christy at lunch today. Thank you for sweet Avery and how great you have made her. Father...protect Avery. She is gonna need you and so am I. God thank you for always being my Rock. Heal Kyle...be his Rock.

Let me always have the joy of my salvation on my lips. I love being your child. I LOVE BEING YOUR CHILD!!!!!

Your son, Doyle


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home