Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day,

Who thought this up???!!! The cynic side of me says it was just someone who wanted to make money selling 5 dollar Mother's Day cards. The other side...I guess that's the non-cynic side, says it's someone who had a mom like me. This morning, I get to lead a body of about 850 into a place to worship our creator. As I ready myself, and ask God to use me this morning for His glory, I think of all the ways Mom influenced me and prepared me for this.

Mom loves God...I can't think of 1 time in my life when I thought to myself..."well she's not acting very christian like." Mom has the heart of a servant. She always puts others before her. Jesus said, "If you want to become first, you must become last." My mom is going to be first in line in the kingdom of heaven. Mom loves her family. I know with everything that I am that my mom prays for me regularly. I hope she knows how much that means to me. I probably should tell her. Father, thank you for my Mom. Thank you for giving me the gift of her. Thank you for using her to lead me to you. Thank you for the day when mom nudged me down the aisle to join you in my new life by being baptized. Thank you Father, for my mom. Protect her from the evil one.

Father, this morning as I lead, let me lead this family like Mom leads ours. Let me lead in humility and in service to you and this family. Thank you Father.

Finally, here are the words to the song that we will be starting with this morning. Every time I sing these words, I am overcome with the power of the one who loves me. Father, use the words and music of this song to overcome others with the awesome love of You and Your Son.

Magnificent

Who compares to you?
Who set the stars in their place?
You who calmed the raging seas
that came crashing over me.
Who compares to You?
You who bring the morning light,
the hope of all the earth
is rest assured in Your great love.

You are magnificent, eternally, wonderful,
glorious, Jesus, no one ever will compare to you Jesus.

When the evening fades,
You call forth songs of joy,
and as the morning wakes,
we Your children give You Praise.

You are magnificent, eternally, wonderful,
glorious, Jesus, no one ever will compare to you Jesus.

------------------

Father,
Use me for your glory and delight this morning. I am yours!

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home