Sunday, October 03, 2004

What a great few days!! It was good to be away...it is good to be home!!

As Brandon said last night, I feel as full as a tick that has been on a dog for 5 days. I do feel full. Full of info, full of questions, full of ideas, full of things I know I need to do, full of the desire to follow through on those things...man I'm full. I've only been home for a couple of hours, but I'm full of love for my kids...it's so good to get back to people you love. It's good to be sitting in my own chair. It's good to be home.

One thing that stuck with me (so much, but this is the one that I must follow through with) was McLaren's talk on passing along the faith. Who am I teaching and what am I teaching them. Am I teaching those around me to be better people? Maybe. What about better worshipers? Probably. You know, I want them to be better people, I want them to be more in touch with who they are as worshipers. But most of all, I want them to know Christ. I want them to know Christ. I want the people that I am life on life to know Christ. I want the people that I am life on life with to be salt and light, and to be life on life with others who they want to know Christ. It's ALL about knowing Christ. I AM TIRED OF TEACHING RELIGION. I WANT TO KNOW CHRIST! Sorry about the yelling. I guess you could say I'm desperate for this. I want to be desperate for this.

I must be constantly asking myself these questions. Does my schedule reflect the schedule of a disciple maker? What can I say no to, so that disciples can be made? Am I making disciples or making good churchgoers? Those questions must be repeated to me often.

As I came home today, I was reminded by my two boys how this works. They act just like me. I hope they are learning to be followers of Christ. Yes, I want them to learn to be fun loving and goofy and....all that stuff. But more than anything, I want my 3 kids to know Christ!

Way too much rambling on this stuff...I'll probably read this later and realize that it makes no sense at all. I hope the spirit grumbles through my blogs too!

One last thing...SO Proud of Everett from the weekend. Saturday, he caught his first pass (first year of tackle football). Also Saturday, he had his first public piano performance. He played three songs at westgate mall (that's bigtime!). SIDE STORY! - As he was playing his first song, Truett (3 yrs old) stood up on the front row and said, "Everett, play that 'I Like Big Butts' song!!" Oh man....we gotta stop letting them listen to the Shrek soundtrack! Finally, today, Everett caught his second pass of the season and ran it in for a touchdown!! WOOHOO!

Father,

Thank you for the past few days. I give you praise for Brandon and Mike and Jeff and Brian, all your servants. Father thank you for speaking to me. Thank you for reminding me of my desperation.

Father, give me the courage to be who you want me to be. Will your spirit remind me of who I need to be. I want to know your son and live as he did.

Thank you for the refreshing and for the love that you pour out on me. You are my strength, my rock, my shelter...you are so good.

Every blessing you pour out I turn back to praise. Blessed be your name.

Your son,

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home