Sunday, May 16, 2004

Today is a big day for so many reasons. First, it's Sunday, Celebration Sunday, but it is also my 12th wedding anniversary.

I am so blessed to have the wife I do. Sure I get frustrated every now and then because she isn't perfect like me (!!!) but she is the greatest. I always go back to the thought that she chose me. If you knew me back then, you would know why this is such amazing fact. She chose me...ugly,skinny, dorky, no athletic talent, me...she chose me because of who I am. God did the same thing...HE CHOSE ME (PRAISE GOD), Not because of who I am, but because of what you've done....not because of what I've done, but because of who YOU are!!! Thank you God and thank you Christy.

Time to celebrate this morning....Don't know why but I'm a bit nervous about this morning. I guess when we do things a little different...I always get nervous. Probably not half as nervous as the rest of the congregation!!! What a great reason to celebrate this morning...we celebrate because God is on the throne...forever. Nuff Said.

Father,

Thank you for choosing me. I'm sorry for not being worthy of that choosing many times but I rejoice in the fact that you have chosen me and continue to choose me anyway. Use me this morning as your instrument. Play me like a virtuoso for Your glory. Draw people to you this morning because of our testimony of who You are. Forgive me. Forgive me. Forgive me. Holy God.

Thank you for Christy and the 12 years we have had together. May they be many many more in service to you.

I'm yours,

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home