Monday, August 02, 2004

I'm such a bad blogger!! I start and never finish. Here' s for try #2.


So much has been going on. So busy....so busy....so busy....I ask myself, why am I so busy. Answer because I make myself busy. Why do I make myself busy, because I don't want to disappoint anyone. That's dumb. I want to be more about pleasing God and less about being pleasing to people. This doesn't mean that I will stop pleasing people, this means I learn to follow better boundaries. I'm horrible at that right now, but am trying to be better.

Preparing for Panhandle Praise...some don't like it because we aren't bringing in a special group...others hate the special group. This makes my ministry hard because, again, I just want to please people. When I can focus on being a God pleaser, people will be pleased. That is the hardest for me to do.

Father,

Hear me today. I'm sorry for worrying more about others than about you. I worry about others, because by pleasing others, I bring glory to myself. I commit myself to pleasing you, which may or may not please others, but can only bring glory to you. I will point to you and only you with all of my being. Thank you for being faithful, when I am not.

I am yours,

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home