Sunday, May 09, 2004

Sunday a.m.........getting ready for our worship assembly. Today the elders do their commitments for our fundraising campaign. Just some thoughts that come from this.....

Why are we so afraid to give? My car had to have $1400 worth of work done on it last week. Stupid transmission. As bad as I hate spending money on that kind of stuff....as little as I trust some mechanics because I know they could charge me for anything and I'm to dumb to find it.....I don't even drive that car. Even though, I found the money to pay for it. We will scrimp and save over the next months. We won't have as nice a vacation. Why? Because that car is important to our family business. It is important that that car be safe...my wife and 3 children ride in it everyday. It is important that we have that car to get everywhere where they need to be. Yes, we could probably do without it, but we might be a less effective family.

For our building project, I wish people could see the same things. This building is something we could do without...but will we be as effective for the kingdom if we do without. If everybody saw this as important to the kingdom...there would be no problem for money. Maybe that's the problem......1 of 2 things. Either they don't see it as important for the Kingdom....or they don't care about the Kingdom.

To answer my first question.....we don't have faith in God providing for tomorrow.

Anyway...I hope today goes well....and next Sunday and the next.

............

E's Yankees lost yesterday. Got drilled. They aren't hitting. The more they strike out, the worse they get. (Sure there is a lesson there) Everett was disappointed. He didn't hit very well. Next time.

Finally.....Mom's. I have the best Mom in the world! I know everybody thinks that, but with me it's true. She loves me unconditionally. She prays for me and my ministry. She sacrifices for the family always. She puts up with Dad. Praise God for my Mom.

My kids also have a good Mom. SHe doesn't do it all like my Mom did...but she loves them, and cares for them, and takes care of them in totally different ways. Praise God for giving Moms the energy they have so sons and Dads like me can make it through life.

Father,

Use me today to lead your people into your presence. Make me invisible....or make me seen...whatever gives use the most glory. Use our elders as an example today of sacrificial giving. Bless them in their giving. Show your power. Change hearts. Change me. Help us all see the resurrected Christ this morning. Perform miracles in peoples lives today

Thank you for Mom and Christy. Give them a special blessing on this special day. God, reward them today for the sacrifices they have made for their families. Give them spiritual blessings beyond what any earthly gift would be able to do.

Thank you Father,

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home