Tuesday, May 11, 2004

What a day....what a week....

Getting ready for "Celebration Sunday". Question I was asked yesterday, "Why do we celebrate before we make our commitments?" Here are the thoughts that have been going through my head regarding that.

Maybe our giving is in response to our celebration. If we celebrate after we give, are we not celebrating what we have done. If we celebrate before we give, we then give in response to what we are celebrating that God has done in and for us. Just a thought!

One other thing that came up during our minister's time this morning. Do I value all souls equally? Does God. Seems like we get real excited when someone who is very talented or rich or whatever comes to church, but when a "nobody" comes, somebody that we can get nothing from, then are we as excited. Are we glad people are coming to church/coming to Christ because of what they can do for us or because of what God can do for them.

Again...just a thought.

Father,

Help me love everyone equally today...not for what they can do for me but for what you can do for them. Thank you for loving me..even when I can give you nothing you don't already have.

I love you,

Doyle

2 Comments:

Blogger Doyle said...

You rock

3:10 PM  
Blogger Doyle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home