Thursday, October 07, 2004

Been a few days since I posted so I better post.

I am the luckiest man alive. My wife loves me, I love my wife. My kids love me, I love my kids. And something that I have been reminded of this week...my church loves me and I love my church. I have to admit, there have been times that I have thought, "man, everybody at this church hates me and hates what I do". (I know, it's extreme, nobody loves me everybody hates me...blah blah worms!) But this week has been such a encouragement to me.

1st, I was gone last Sunday. I'm beginning to think that when I get down on myself, I just need to leave for a Sunday and a Wednesday. Because I do what I do, EVERYBODY at church knows I'm gone. And so many are the greatest encouragers. Young and old tell me how much they miss me and want me to be here to lead them in worship. What a great honor...I am at a place where they want me to lead them to the Father. How lucky am I?

Then last night...last night I had my evaluation with the elders at SWCC. I love these men and respect them in the Lord and...well...just...they are just awesome. Then last night, my evaluation...where most ministers sweat blood because the elders are going to rip them for what they do wrong, where they are going to give them more to do in there ministry...you know the drill. My elders though, they encourage me, the bless me by telling me that I am leading them (it's hard for me to think that God has gifted me in a way that I am leading these spiritual giants to worship Him). The only thing they told me I need to to better is do less. Brent's words to me were so good for me. I truly feel loved by these men.

one of the things that I am reminded of when I go to places like the Zoe conference is how much God has blessed me by putting me in this place. Great staff that loves each other. Elders that shepherd and love and support. Great family. God is Good!!

Father,

Thank you for putting me where you have. Thank you for getting past me and Christy and bringing us here. I don't know if we deserve it but I want to be faithful to this blessing. "Every blessing you pour out I turn back to praise" Blessed be your name. Father, give me the courage to do what I know by your word you would have me do. And if you take this all away....give me the courage and strength to still do what I know you would have me do. GOD YOU ROCK!!

With a heart full of Praise,

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home