Thursday, August 11, 2005

Today, my wife turns thirty something again. Yes I do know how old she is but I am told that it is rude to tell how old a woman is. By the way, I don’t understand that AT ALL!!! Why can’t women just be happy with their age and proud that they have made it this far. I mean…my wife has bore 3 amazing kids, she is an amazing mother and wife, she is a gifted musician and teacher…who cares how old she is?

My wife does truly amaze me. She is so awesome. It seems like the older I get, the less energy I have. The older she gets, the more she has and the better she is. She takes care of our house, she is a fantastic mother to our kids, she makes sure they have clothes (I have come to realize that if it wasn’t for her, Everett would still be wearing onsies!!), she goes through the good and the bad with me, she has an amazing voice, she wants to share joy with others, she is a good friend, she even likes to watch live baseball (man, there is nothing better than a woman telling you she wants to go see a baseball game). I think the most important thing about Christy is that she loves God. She is not afraid to share her faith with those that she works with. She is not afraid to express her love for God in the way that He gifted her. I love my wife.

I want to make sure that anybody that reads this knows…I’m not saying these things because she’ll read this. In fact, I don’t think Christy even knows I blog!!! I’m saying these things because they are true and because God has blessed me with the exact woman I needed and that I need.

Father,

Thank you for Christy. Thank you for giving her to me and me to her. Thank you for putting the heart you did in her. Help her to continue to discover more of her heart. Draw her closer to you. Continue to use her to spread good news around her. Use her to reach Scott for you and so many others that she makes friends with all for Your glory. Heal her foot. Take the pain away. Continue to draw us closer together so we can be more effective for you. Thank you that she laughs at me when I try to be funny. Thank you that she cares for me when I’m scared and tired. Help me be the man she needs. Help me lead her closer to You. Thank you God...thank you!

So, tonight, I’m going to pick up our new Dishwasher (since Christy is getting old!!!HAHAHAHA…man I’m funny) and attempt to install it. Every time I start a project like this at our house, it turns out to be SO MUCH MORE than it should. I hope I don’t through it out the front window!

So…if anybody reads this blog…what is your favorite thing about Christy Corder?

Doyle

2 Comments:

Blogger Carissa said...

Christy always seems to be in the best of moods. No matter what she is doing or what is going on around her, she has this joy about her, you know? Of course you do. Anywho tell her happy bday for me. Love ya!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy is the wife of the most wonderful man in the world and the mother of three wonderful grandchildren. Doyle, we love her very much too.

BTW, I would have hired someone to install the dishwasher

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home