Tuesday, May 03, 2005

About a month into this praying and fasting thing and here are some of my thoughts...
1. I am so spoiled. I get hungry and whiney and stuff....then I start thinking about those who get one meal a day a most...I am so spoiled!
2. God is so good to me. It's just true. He loves me so far what I deserve to be loved. I guess that's what a good Father does. That's what my earthly Father did. My heavenly Father is even better.
3. I am easily distracted. It has been amazing to me how much I have "planned" durring our prayer times. Why is it so very easy to put other things in front of God?
4. God is good to me....no kiddin.
5. God is sovereign. That seems to be what he is telling me as I am praying to him and depending on him. Son, I'll take care of things...you just seek me. Thank you Father for telling me that over and over.
6. God can change ANYBODY. He even changed me!!! Thank you Father for changing me...and continueing to change me.

Yesterday, I learned that a family that had been going to church with us for a long time has moved to another church. This breaks my heart. I love this family...probably don't agree with him on everything or even most things but I do love them. I just hate it when our humanness gets in the way of our unity in Christ.

My kids are so awesome. Last weekend was Avery's 7 year old birthday party/sleepover. Wow, was that interesting. It just takes a few minutes around "other" kids to remind me how special my kids are to me. The same night, Everett was at a friends house who wanted him to play a xbox game with him. E noticed that the game was "rated m for mature" so he told his friend that he probably shouldn't play. PRAISE GOD FOR MY BOY!!! Then True told me the story of Noah last night. That was so awesome!!

Father,

Forgive us...forgive me...you know how much I need it. Thank you for already doing that. Thank you for loving me so much. Thank you for my kids...you have blessed me so much...wow...how did I deserve them?? Grow in E the heart that he already has that wants to do what is right. Now grow in all of them just the yearning to know you....not just do what is right.

Thank you Father,

Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home