Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Finding myself at a loss for words. And the funny thing is...it's o.k.

Today as I was thinking about what I need to say to the group that meets here tonight...that kind of thought hit me. I don't know what to say. Why should I get to say? Because God put me here to say. I must be faithful to him. So many times I struggle with confidence with what I am saying...that's just the evil one lying to me...telling me I'm not good enough or that God's word isn't important enough. I find myself changing what I am going to say...tiptoeing around people's feelings. Is that good or bad? I don't know. I want to save people from hurting but is that what I accomplish by withholding truth. Hmmmmmm...Father, please guide me as I speak and worship you tonight. Teach us to be like your servant David in having a "heart for God".

What are the important things I want to see done in my lifetime? Are they the same thing that would be God's important things? That is what I will examine tonight. Are my ways, His ways. If they are...I get freedom...if they are not....I get imprisonment. Hmmmmmmm...Father, make me more Free. You sent your Son for freedom. Make me free in His ways.

The other question I have roaming around in my little brain today is about "meeting people's needs". What is "meeting peoples needs"? Is making people happy, the same as meeting people's needs. Do I meet felt needs or real needs? If my son is hungry, do I give him ice cream to fill his belly or do I give him something nourishing. That is my struggle today. How long do you continue to feed milk? I hope I'm not arrogant in calling things milk and other meat. It just seems to me that in churches, so many are so happy drinking milk all of their lives. Is meat scary?

Father, give me discernment. Show me clearly what is meat and milk and when it is time to feed what. God, I'm so glad you know my heart because today my head doesn't sound right. Listen to my heart. Father, as I lead in worship tonight, bring me into your presence. If I don't encounter you tonight Father, it's just noise. I don't want to waste my breath on noise. God, change me in your room tonight. And then change others. I want no credit...only you to be known by this body. This my hearts desire....that this body know you...that I know you more. Give us more of you tonight. Please God...we know you love us in our head...tell it to our hearts. Reconnect our heads to our hearts. They act so differently sometimes. It's all about you tonight God....all about you...all about you. You are the only one that is worth singing. Give us the freedom that comes in knowing you and your son.

I will sing to You Lord because You are good. Your love endures forever.

Thank you God!!! Your son....Doyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home