Friday, October 28, 2005

God is so good to me. Last week I got to reconnect with a couple of old friends. These are guys that have had a great impact on my spiritual life. Reconnecting with them just reminded me of all the people God has sent me in my life to shape me into who I am today. From my parents, to my kids, my sis, my brothers…all in different ways, my wife who may have saved me, my grandparents who were and are all followers of Christ, friends like Josh, Steven, and Jeremy who influenced me as a worshiper, Darrell, all those old people at the hotel, all the people who I worked with at the hotel, all the people growing up at Quaker like Russell, Jared, Kevin, Corbin, Chris, Elizabeth, Susanna, Karena, Tracy…so many of those guys…older people like Tommy, Herb, Joe, Elmore, Bro. Bobo, Sister Bobo, people like from my growing up years at SE like Richard, Dave, John, Ted…oh and Ricky and Craig, and who could forget Michelle, and then people that are such a great influence on my today, Brian, Brad, Kyle, Landon, Jerry, Tomtom, Mary….the more names I think of the more names I think I’m leaving off. This is overwhelming me…how many people have influenced my life to make me who I am today. Not all of them were even necessarily good…but all of them made me who I am today….and who I am….is GOD’S. Father, today I thank you for all the people who have made me who I am. Thank you for all the people you have used me to influence to make them who they are. You are sovereign God. I praise You that you care enough about me to know every hair on my head…you knit me in my mother’s womb…I praise you God. Thank you for making me in Your image.

My sport’s weekend last week. Amarillo High smacked Coronado (my alma mater), Texas (evil) smacked Texas Tech (my alma mater), Angelo State beat undefeated WTAMU (my new favorite D2 school!), Cowboys lose, Astros lose, the only redeeming factor is that my 2 fantasy teams (Fightin Woolly Mammoths and the Choir Boys) eeked out Monday night victories. Moral of the story….um….there’s not one really.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Yesterday, I ordered a new guitar. I thought it would be delivered in less than a week then found out it won’t get here till the MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER!!! Grrrrrrrrr. Oh well, patience.

Quote I read yesterday:

“I can talk to anyone about anything. What I don't know, I make up. What I know, I'm not certain of. What I'm certain of is that everyone seems to enjoy illuminating my dark little cranial cavity, and I always enjoy seeing things in a different light.”

Nothing to say about it just thought is was cool.

Last thing…Summer Excitement news…..We met couple of weeks ago and decided on the SE 06 theme. GO! When I type it, it doesn’t seem real exciting but I’m jacked about the teaching this year. God always wow’s us. Because, God is GOOD!

More info coming soon.

So…if anyone has read this far. Who are the people who have influenced you the most in making you the person you are today?

Out

Doyle

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mother and her children

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kenli Shea said...

The staff at Southwest has and still does encourage me.
The other day at the office I went to stick junk mail in a mail box, I looked for yours. I was very disappointed b/c it was no where to be found. Miss you guys. I am glad you were encouraged at the zoe conference. I am so glad that we are blogger buddies now.

1:29 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

doyle! you know kenli! how funny..
b.i cannot believe you were at otter creek only a few weeks ago and i wasn't there to see you.
c.poor coronado football..
d.SE 06, oh yes
e.hope to see you soon

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home